Installation advice for the bituminous geomembrane ColetancheHome » Installation – Advice for installation
The geomembrane Coletanche is compatible with most substrates : will accept movement of the terrain and differential settlement
1. Laying rolls of the waterproof geomembrane Coletanche
A manual or hydraulic beam is used to unroll a COLETANCHE® membrane. Installing Coletanche® is straight forward and can be done by a small specialised team.
2. Torching the Colétanche membrane
The seams are welded with gas or hot air torches. The protective film must be removed first from the overlapping zone.
3. Anchorage and joining the membrane
Coletanche® can also be directly welded to concrete substrates (see photo of anchorage on concrete) The flexibility of COLETANCHE® offers easy welding solutions to metal manhole covers, other types of membranes, PVC pipes, metal poles.
4. Quality control of the waterproof geomembrane
There are two different types of controls according to contract specifications and/or requirements specified in the CQP :
- Quality control of all weldings
- Static monitoring of a predetermined percentage of length of weldings. In any event a systematic control of initial weldings should be carried out.
5. Back filling the Coletanche
Coletanche ® can be used under most coatings :
- HMA surfacings, bituminous mixtures, mastic asphalt
- Concrete and interlocking paving stones
- Ballast (when using COLETANCHE® NTP4)
- Coletanche ® can be used under other geomembranes made with different materials.
On site technical assistance
We provide efficient technical assistance from the beginning to the end of the project :
- Technical documents are provided : user recommendations,installation instructions and manuals
- Special equipment is available : Special equipment can be used for easy installation of COLETANCHE® geomembranes .
- Training facilities for welding teams (training is provided by COLETANCHE® technicians).
- Control of seams : thanks to a monitoring system exclusively developed by COLETANCHE® , the quality of all the welded seams of a given project can be checked by means of ultra sound tests using the CAC40 method or by means of a vacuum bell jar.