The advantages and characteristics of the waterproof bituminous geomembrane COLETANCHE®Home » A unique bituminous based waterproof geomembrane » The benefits of COLETANCHE®
A waterproof bituminous geomembrane
- It has an outstandingly long-lasting resistance whether underground or in open-air.
- It is compatible with asphalt, tarmac, concrete and may be easily used in conjunction with these materials.
- It is used for the storage of drinking water (irrigation, fish-farming...)
- It is naturally impermeable to gas (including radon) and remarkably resistant to chemical and biological agents.
- It has a high friction angle allowing good grip of covering soil.
- Its elasticity and viscosity ensure optimal adaptability to changes in the structure of the ground ie : seismic movements , differential settlements...
It is a multi - purpose product
- It can be used all over the world under all climates even at very low temperatures
- Its surface mass prevents wind uplift
- It can be used and sealed under water (waterproofing of canals)
- The number of weldings is reduced thanks to large 5 meter rolls
It has high mechanical performances
- It is highly resistant to tearing and puncturing and to hydrostatic pressure (this means that it can be directly laid on natural substrates or standard embankments) and may be safely covered by large stones without being damaged.
- It has remarkable dimensional stability and is not affected by changes in temperature
- The membrane can stretch without loss of impermeability